March 30, 2007

Chapter 22c: Post Graduation

The Post Graduation Follow Up



Rather than move back to the vast Retrorocket compound (which is overflowing with science equipment, alien artifacts, and baby junk) Euphemia bought herself a modern little starter with a trendy country club lane address in the Strangetown Urban Complex. Just the place for an aspiring actress.






After calling Vasyl to tell him all about her new place, Phemey sat down to do a little body work. She knew she was going to have to have all her assets in tip top shape if she wanted to make an impact in the world of show business.






When she checked her email later that night, she found a note from Vasyl with an audition appointment.

"I guess he does have all those connections he was telling me about."







And so Strangetown's newest superstar hopeful heads off for her first day of work.

"Oh yeah! He has some serious connections! A limo right off the bat."

We're glad you... ah... appreciate your fiancé, Phemey.







Phemey stopped off for a little make over action on her way home from the set. I think we may need to lose the fur coat though, since it's still summer.

"But it's smink!"

You've got a cute designer dress to wear. Now hurry and change. Vasyl's on his way over.







It seems someone's been missing his little alien leading lady.






"Vasyl sweetie, how about you snag that diploma and move on in? There's plenty of room here for two, I'm lonely, and I've got all this rented wedding equipment to use and return by midnight."

"In a heartbeat Pheems."







"Whoa. Hey, what's going on here?"

You're just growing up. What, you thought you'd stay in that gangly young adult stage forever?







So after sending Vasyl to stock the buffet, Phemey invited her friends and family for a quick, semi-formal wedding on the lawn. I would've thought that the step-mother of the bride (Genesis there) would have at least changed out of her jeans and fuzzy sweater before showing up though.






Yes Euphemia, we're aware you think your fiancé is hot stuff. We're of the opinion he cleans up rather nice too. Do you think you could start this ceremony thing before the guys get bored and wander off to watch the game again?






Do you, Euphemia Elena Retrorocket, take this man, Vasyl Denis McGaw...






And do you, Vasyl Denis McGaw, take this woman, Euphemia Elena Retrorocket...






I guess that's an "I Do" all around then. *grin*

Ladies and Gentlemen of Strangetown, may I introduce you to your newest residents, Mr. and Mrs. McGaw.

Yes, I suck at those wedding vow things. *chuckle*







Ah, the ritual deep-throating of the WooHoo cake (and fork)






Afterwards, the men all headed back indoors to watch the game some more while the ladies had a nice sit down outside. That's the sister of the bride, Eugenia Deerfield across from Phemey and Solemnity Retrorocket (wife of Phemey's brother Eugene Jr) at the end of the table.

Vasyl, stop checking out your mother-in-law!







Ooo, the limo's here. Time for the honeymoon! Orrin, stop cleaning!

Note to self: Buy SK a new formal outfit. She's worn this one to the past two weddings. Besides, it looks like she's going to fall out of it at any moment.







Vasyl, the limo's waiting outside.

Vasyl?

Phemey's waiting in the limo.

Vasyl?

Yep, Vasyl skipped his honeymoon, preferring to sit at home and read a book instead. Oy.







"I'm mad at you Vasyl."

"Aw Pheems."

"I left for our honeymoon alone. Alone! Do you know what the gossip rags could say about this? Luckily I was able to convince people you had a touch of the stomach flu and got the travel agent to give me a raincheck on the trip."







"Pheems love, I'm so sorry. Really. I don't know what came over me. Is there anything I can do to make up for it?"

"Well..."







"...I'm sure we can think of something."

We can see where this so going, so lets give the lovebirds a little privacy. *smirk*







Before we head off to check on Cirrus, how about a quick family portrait, now that Vasyl's had a chance for a makeover? He is rather nice, now that he's out of that bandana. And Euphemia looks lovely in that hairstyle and dress. Yep, these two are just too cute for words.

Lets move on and check on Cirrus, shall we?







Cirrus moved back to his family home, just down the road from the Holldum Estate. Looks like someone needs to do a little yardwork around the place.






*sigh* "It looks like the gardener has been slacking off again. I told them I'd be moving back today. You'd think he would've stopped by to make sure the yard looked presentable."






Someone grew up nice and respectable. Not that I expected anything less from Cirrus, but I have had a couple college kids who transitioned poorly into adults.






"Ah, it's so good to be back home. Though I do miss all the activity at the Hoh House."






"It sure doesn't seem like anything has changed since I was here last."






"And the maid's been slacking off too?" *sigh* "Looks like I'm going to have to call their management in the morning. At least I don't need to call the exterminator for bugs or anything like that."






"Ah, my old room, just as I left it. It seems like it's been forever since I was a kid, sleeping in here."






"I thought we were going to buy frames for the family portraits. I'll have to send them to an art restorer; they starting to get dingy. Hmm... I guess they're not too bad. Grandma Artemesia and Grandpa Bob's is still in good shape, and so is Mother and Dad's. Only Grandfather Aristotle and Grandmother Athena's picture is on the grubby side.

"I'll look into that in the morning too."







"Well, I guess I should go tell everyone I'm back."






"Hey everyone, I'm home from college! I've missed you too. I graduated Summa Cum Laude. Yep, that's a 4.0 in Mathematics. Oh, I made the secret society too."






"It's good to be back home. Boy, do I have news for you."

















3 Comments:

At 3/30/2007 3:32 AM, Blogger Oydie said...

Very swish pad Phemey!
Awwww that's so sad! Poor Cirrus, the only thing to welcome him home is a dirty house and a graveyard full of ghosts *sniffle*

 
At 4/04/2007 6:14 PM, Blogger MysticSpirit said...

*cries*

Awww, Keth! That was ... was kinda depressing! Cirrus is home ... ALONE ... and the only people he has to greet him are DEAD!

*CRIES*

 
At 6/06/2007 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, love Phemey's new place. Very hip. Yikes! The fur coat is maybe a bit much. A designer dress would be much nicer. Awww, aren't they cute together! Very sexy wedding dress she's got going there! Vasyl's eyes must be bugging out of his head. LOL! Wow, Sim-Keth is well endowed there! Awww, Phemey and Vasyl make such a cute couple. On to Cirrus...

Aww, looks like Cirrus is moving into a rather sad place. Poor guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home