February 24, 2007

Chapter 17: Out of the Dorms

Chapter 17: Out of the Dorms




We return to La Fiesta Tech to see Orrin finish out his freshman year and head off to Hoh House. It was boring, but I thought we needed to at least touch base during this time.

"I am not boring!"

Face it Orrin, you were boring. But you'll get better once you move. In fact, this pic is even jumping the gun a bit. Orrin's waiting for his ride to Hoh House. I figured I'd get a shot of what he looked like when he started his freshman year along with what he looked like when he ended it.

"Are you done? I'm tired of all this posing, prodding, and manipulating."

No I'm not. Now just stand right there like a good little boy and I'll recap.

"I am neither good nor little. I am an..."

If you say 'evil overlord' even one time during this chapter, you are so going to be hating life.

*grumble*







This, in fact, is what Orrin looked like most of his freshman year as he grew his mop out. And this is still his natural position, glued to that dang hand held. Even worse, I bought him a cell phone.






He hasn't gained anything in the coordination department either. There is a certain sense of enjoyment from watching him fall all over himself on this thing though.

"Sick enjoyment."

*chuckle* Wait, I hear something outside.







Oh, it's just Brandi getting abducted. I forgot she knows enough society members, now that she's gotten buddy buddy with Salina and Euphemia.

"Ow. She poked me in the boob. Good thing I've got a padded bra."







Officer and Holldum-bane Jenna Cameron seems a little confused by the whole situation.

::She's living with a Holldum, but she's not a Holldum. But then the boy is not exactly a Holldum. His father, who is actually his mother, is a Holldum but his father who fathered him is some sort of alien being. So since she's living with a Holldum who's not a Holldum, am I supposed to bust her or not?::

Just take her to the society lot. Brandi's got someone to meet there.







Specifically Kent Goss. Brandi's really attracted to him, and since I feel kinda bad for using her as a holder sim for Hoh House (if I don't' get Omaha moved in before everyone moves out) I thought I'd hook her up with a nice young man.






Orrin in the meanwhile persuaded Euphemia's main squeeze Vasyl to write up his term paper...






... while he caught up with his shut eye.

*sniff* I'm so proud of our little aspiring overlord. Three of the four wants he spun up were to influence someone to do something. How classically overlordish, to get other people to do the dirty work. Don't let him know I'm proud of him, though, or he'll never let me live it down.







Orrin, your flapjacks are going off.

"There is nothing occurring with my pancakes."

Well then something below the pancakes is going off. *snicker*

*sigh* "Can you leave me in peace so I can answer my cell phone?"







What is it with people talking on their cell phones while in the bathroom? There was a gal yapping away in a stall in the ladies room at work the other day when I was in rinsing out my water glass.

Oh, and the handcuffs come up a lot in Holldum conversations. A lot. Seriously. Rarely do the other crime icons appear. Usually just the handcuffs.







I think I have figured out what everyone is screaming about at the dorm. Apparently they've figured out that some mailboxes in Strangetown are dangerous entities, and since they don't know if they have a good mailbox or a bad mailbox, they freak out when they see it. Here we see the members of Cham Annya Hoh mercilessly taunting the dorm mailbox while on their way to induct Brandi into the House.






Guys, you're cheering the wrong person. This time it's Brandi who's joined, not Orrin. Ah well, you cheered Brandi when Orrin joined. I guess it works out in the end.






And the end of semester comes all too quickly (or not quickly enough, depending on how you view it). In the tradition of last semester, Orrin returns from his final and promptly hops on that frelling handheld.

"It sharpens my reflexes and mental responses."

Well, it appears those mental responses need some serious sharpening. There's a girl swooning over you as she walks past and you're more concerned about your game.

"I said..."

Oh go get yourself inside. You're changing your hair before you move to Hoh house. I finally found some new hair I like.






First, another (poor) shot of that Seavey nose.

"You take great delight in mocking my facial character."

Try 'facial appendage' or 'facial protuberance'. Seriously, I don't' think Cleveland or Kasson have it this bad. Don't worry, I think this new hairstyle will keep me from screaming in fright every time I see you from the wrong angle.







Now that's a little better. I like that more than that mop you've been sporting.

"It's in my eyes."

I could get you some cute little barrettes with bows on 'em to keep it out of the way.

"Ah, no. Thank you. I'll learn to deal with it."

Smart boy







"Tech Transportation? Yes, I need a conveyance to assist in my move from the Desert Dormitory facility to the Cham Annya Hoh house. How much? Are you mad? I can find a cheaper service... What? Only one on campus? *sigh* Yes, how soon can you be here? That soon? Thank you."






Brandi didn't seem terribly upset by Orrin moving out. Probably because she's head over heels mad for Kent now.

"And I got Orrin's corner room."

That too. Orrin seems less than thrilled.

"I'm somewhat attached to that room."

Ah, we'll give you Cleveland's old room with the big window. The one he used to use before he got vamped.







It's a mailbox. And a trashcan. Stop being such a wussy. Your taxi is waiting for you.






Okay, maybe the hair doesn't do a very good job of disguising that Seavey birthright. Still, I like this hair.

"I'm so glad to hear that." *grumble*

Can we just get this caravan on the road to Hoh house? Hmm... interesting. Dark SUV, tinted windows, shadowed driver. Something's suspicious here. I wonder what's up.







One last wistful look?

"Just waxing a moment nostalgic. To think this humble location is where my shining educational experience began."

You haven't had a shining educational experience yet. You've barely finished your freshman year.

"Hey kid, shut the damn door so I can git on the road. I'm not going to make it back in time to catch Springer if you don't move it."







Yeah, it definitely looks like someone is observing Orrin. Veddy een-ter-esting.







"This is my new residence?"

Yep. This is Hoh House, home to current and future Holldum college students.

"It's a..."

Greek House. Cham Annya Hoh.

"That's not what I was going to say. Stop putting words in my mouth."

Orrin, I couldn't do that if I tried. But now that you're here, lets take a moment to see what was going on here before you moved.

Let's Cruise on over to the Chapter 17 Annex to catch the next part of the Chapter.







5 Comments:

At 2/24/2007 7:51 PM, Blogger EO said...

Awwww. Orrin's first year of school. Isn't he PRECIOUS with his "Big Boy Haircut" :swoon: ROFLMAO. Orrin, Orrin, Orrin. You have so much to learn. Fortunately, you have a good teacher. Just keep listening to what the voices tell you to do. And truly, you can't bee too careful about mailboxes, I've heard terrible things - keep your cats indoors for one. ELOL

 
At 2/24/2007 9:19 PM, Blogger MysticSpirit said...

I think Orrin's Seavey nose is kinda growing on me ... not like a fungus or anything ... but I'm getting used to it ... and I can't really imagine him having any other kind of nose. The hair is rockin' though.

I can't wait until he rerolls. I'm absolutely DYING to know what he'll end up being. Will it be an Overlord-ish aspiration? Or something even worse than Family? *evil laughter*

 
At 2/25/2007 2:55 AM, Blogger Oydie said...

You know with that new hair style and his chiseled jaw and those black eyes Orrin actually has a look of an evil overlord about him.

And you know what I think? I think that car is The EO checking out her future competition *snicker*

 
At 2/26/2007 1:22 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

*snicker* Orrin's really gonna love life in the Greek house! I can't wait!

 
At 3/10/2007 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Orrin's new look! He's going to thrive at the Greek House I think. Look out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home