August 30, 2007

Chapter 30c: Strangetown Stories

Strangetown Stories, Part 3




We're back Texas. You and Waylon enjoy the hot tub?

"Hey Keth. Yup, me 'n Waylon shure did. Didja ya know what ya kin in do in them ja-koozies?"

Yeah, I think we're well aware of what goes in a hot tub Texas.

"I ne'er woulda figgered mah sweetie ta be up fer hijinks like that, but once he'd bin a soakin a while an got limmered up he got these here notions an..."

Er, Texas, you two used to do that all the time in the hot tub in college. You didn't forget, did you?

"Ah... I guess it did done slip mah mind. Since we ain't had no hot tub here afore."

Heh. I'm glad your enjoying it. Just... no visuals, please.






"I'll tell ya what I done be enjoyin more. That's be harrangin mah next wedding, but Kasson still hain't shown up at the house yet."

He hasn't? Are you sure you haven't missed him?

"Yeppers. Me 'n Waylon's been busy, but not that busy. He's jes clean gone. He hain't shown up since you done talkered to him them two-three days ago."

Maybe he's on a business trip. He is a political big wig here.

"I done called his office."






And what'd they say?

"He tole 'em tha he'd be outta tha office fer a few days but shure didn't tell 'em what he wuz doin or anything."

Did you try SK? I talked to her just the other day. Orrin's been ringing her phone off the hook. I gotta remember to tell him to quit it.

"Yeah, and I done got that answerin machine of hers. I left a message, but she hain't called me back yet."

Did you call during the day?

"Well a'course I done did."

SK works during the day. She probably hasn't had a chance to give you call. Or...






"Or?"

Or Kasson's over there with her and they're enjoying some post-engagement private time.

"Well tha boy kin give his mama a call once hinna while an let her know he's doin fine and that he'll be back soon so they kin start in on his weddin plans. An' I'll reminder him of that when I done give 'em a call over there agin tamorraw"

*chuckles* You do that Texas. I'll check back with you later to see how it went.






And now to someone who's not quite so well loved around town. I'm sure there are many of you who would be thrilled to see Strangetown's finest take Miz Shelby in on whatever charges could be concocted for her, but I'm afraid that's not the case here.






See, earlier today one of Strangetown's aspiring busineswomen was feeling very lonely (and also very whale-like). Having left her lil chi-hooa-hooa behind when she moved, she gave a call to the Strangetown Animal Shelter to see if they could bring her over a new furry friend.






The nice Animal Officer showed up with Baxter a short while later. Baxter is an elder Tibetan terrier, looking for a place to retire and enjoy his aging years.

When Shelby brought up the "small dogs" tab when she called the shelter, I did a double take followed by a loud WTF? Baxter's picture in there was very... interesting. *chuckle* But he's a very sweet and playful dog, always looking for attention or someone to play fetch with him. I'm thinking about getting him a lady friend so he can have a litter or two of pups before he passes over.






Unfortunately, Baxter was still not enough to perk up the whale, so Shelby gave Headmaster Matthew a call. He happily accepted and really sort of surprised me.






Usually the headmasters are kind of grumpy, surly, and downright unfriendly, even when not doing the private school tours. The only headmaster my sims have ever been able to make friends with has been Headmaster Korey Jivatzawhahoozavitz (Headmaster Vince Clortho in the default neighborhood - he's the balding one) So when Matthew was attentive and affectionate to Shelby, I was pretty surprised.






If he wasn't flirting with Shelby, he was talking to and playing with her belly. And when Shelby was off doing something else he was playing with Baxter. Considering how easily Shelby lured him into woohoo, I figured he was a romance sim but the way he's acting makes me think that he's maybe family instead.






Shelby apparently suspected this as well, or else she was just really touched by his attention, as she decided now was probably a good time to ask the headmaster a certain question.






A question he couldn't say no to, even when she stuck her fingers right through the jeweler's box in her haste. Headmasters don't get propositioned by their clients very often, unless their clients are legacy folk (which Shelby isn't anymore)






This is probably going to make some of the Shelby-haters out there unhappy, but I have to admit these two are kinda cute together. Shelby was never overly thrilled when Cleveland tried to be romantic with her.

Of course, it could also be that the pregnancy hormones are getting to Shelby.






Luckily, despite her size Shelby still has most of the next day before she pops, so we're able to throw a tiny little 'friends and family' ceremony for the whale and her betrothed (Captain Ahab?). It's only right that Omaha and Treynor be there for their mother when she gets married again.

I was impressed that Treynor showed up when she invited him. He's not furious with her anymore but their relationship is still pretty negative. He even happily accepted a hug from her, so maybe they can mend some fences here.






Shelby had to chase down Omaha in order to give her a hug. Yes, this is the main bathroom in the house and yes, there are four people in here, one of them trying to do their business. That's Jean Rene in the Nehru jacket; he was part of Shelby's welcome wagon a while ago, so I had her ring him up. And that's her co-worker, Houston Cody, that Jean Rene seems so interested in watching do his business. Y'all may remember Houston as the guy Shelby was flirting with when Kasson caught her. Since Treynor was there too, he's got a few issues with Mr. Cody as well.






Shelby doesn't have a lot of friends on her own, and as a result her career is being curtailed by a serious lack of family friends. Among the people at her wedding, two of them are from her welcome wagon (Jean Rene and Jodie Larson. Captain Angelia was the 3rd person... go figure. The Capt'n, however, made it clear she did not want to be her friend), the burglar is here (Amin), and so is the guy who keeps calling to invite her downtown (Adam). She also has some coworkers here, namely Houston Cody and Malcom Landgraab.

Sheesh Jean Rene, we realize you don't find Amin the Burglar attractive but we're not asking you to propose to him.






Oh, and there's one person who's not real thrilled about being forced asked to attend.


"And why am I here? I don't like Shelby. We're not friends and Omaha and Treynor don't need the moral support."

I explained to you before, once you're married you'll lose your Sim-deity given powers and I won't have an avatar to put in an appearance at weddings and parties anymore. So I'm trying to get all the use out of you I can before that happens. Now put on a smile and get back to mingling.






I swear, I have never had a sim whine and grouse about being pregnant as much as Shelby. She's often doing the "oh my back aches" routine, usually when people are around to notice and pay attention to her when she does.

At least she decided it would best if she didn't wear white to the wedding *chuckle*






Oh Matthew, and here I thought you were the manly sort of headmaster. I guess we know who'll be wearing the pants in this family (even though she's in a skirt currently)






And so Headmaster Matthew Gibson becomes Matthew Zaidi-Gibson. Why couldn't you have had the last name Coe? Then you guys could've been the Zaidi-Coes. Of course, then I'd have to move both of you to New Simleans and get you in the music career.


Oh, it turned out that Matthew is a knowledge sim. Apparently with family sim tendencies though.






Would you believe this is a roof raiser party? Yeah, I can't explain it either. The only thing I can think of is because so few people in attendance knew each other, there were lots of relationship points being earned.






I suppose a little TV watching didn't hurt things either. It's like the only fun thing thing in the entire house. Shelby's a bit short on furniture and Matthew only brought about 5k into the house. With the little one on the way, most of that will probably go for baby things.

Yes yes Jean Rene, we know. You don't like TV, you don't like sports, and you don't have animals as one of the topics you like to talk about. Just get your fingers out of your ears because my heir wants to talk to you, for some bizarre reason.






Well the party was a roof raiser so Captain Ahab and the Whale went on their honeymoon. And what did they do when they got back? Heh. You're looking at it. Matthew did conveniently spin up a want for baby though.






Matthew took some time out from job hunting (I was hoping to get him in the education career) to play with their party crasher. Orrin's general Jasper decided to drop by for a visit. Matthew, don't you know it's dangerous to make friends with the Master of the Pack.






Eventually the happy couple retired to the bedroom for a little post-honeymoon woohoo, which helped bring on labor for Shelby. Matthew, what are you sleeping for? You're an educated sim. Get up and help your wife!






*sigh Another useless sim male.






Fortunately, having done this twice before, Shelby has an idea what to do. This is David Zaidi-Gibson. I don't know what I would've done if she'd had twins; there's not enough room in the house for more than one baby right now.






Matthew seems pretty excited about the new member of the family. Must be that latent family sim side of him popping up again.

Actually, Matthew turned out to be pretty good with taking care of David, doing a lot of things autonomously with him. Just thought I'd drop that in here in case I don't post about these guys again.






And compared to when Omaha and Treynor were little, Shelby is being a good mother this time around, paying more attention to him than she did to her previous two. Who knows, maybe she's actually changed.






Matthew, rather than heading back to bed, decided to go fix himself a little something to eat. Our party crasher Jasper was still there, hanging out and playing with Baxter's chew toy.






And Jasper was apparently a little hungry.

Oh dear...






Jasper! WTF were you thinking?!


::By Your Command::


My command? I didn't command you to do anything, you silly wolf. I... wait a minute. Hmmm... I wonder if I'm starting to see a pattern here.






*sighs* Oh don't just sit there and stare at it Matthew, go put some bactine or something on it. Not like it'll do much good.






I sure hope the education career track doesn't have a night job, otherwise this could be a problem.






Am I a bad Simmer if I think that Matthew looks better as a werewolf than as a human? *chuckle* For being a knowledge sim, he sure didn't seem thrilled about having been turned into a Were, but he didn't seem too upset by it either. He just headed over and resumed making something to eat.






Jasper, on the other hand, continues on his mission to terrorize the household. After getting growled at by Jasper, Shelby spun up the want to cure Matthew of lycanthropy (she used to spin similar wants for Cleveland and vampirism). She also scolded Jasper after he was done barking at her and cowed the poor wulfie.






Too bad she didn't stick around the kitchen for a while. I put little David's crib and changing table in the alcove of the kitchen, so he'd be close to the fridge for bottles. After Shelby and Matthew returned to bed, Jasper began growing at David in the crib. He kept the growing and barking up for an hour (sim time). I've never seen a dog or a wolf do this to a baby before; I've always seen them be friendly to babies and toddlers, even if they're strangers. *boggle*

Let's move on from the strange and suspicious antics by our community wolves...








5 Comments:

At 8/31/2007 9:32 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Matthew is the hottest sim werewolf I've ever seen.

 
At 8/31/2007 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SK and Kasson have eloped haven't they? They ran off to Sim Vegas and eloped. That's my bet anyway.

So I agree with you about Matthew looking much better as a werewolf. Although I have to say that it is a little freaky that the wolf growled at the baby like that. A little strange...

 
At 9/10/2007 11:25 AM, Blogger MysticSpirit said...

Aren't you worried about the headmaster glitch? I thought this was something that was never resolved by Maxis ... that when a headmaster gets married/moves into a household, glitchy things happen. I wish you luck with that.

I've no werewolves in any of my neighborhoods yet. *pout* Someday. And what's this about a nightjob? Werewolves don't have problems with sun like vampires do. He can still go to work and stuff, right? *is confuzzled*

Dunno why the wolf is growling at the baby. ;O))

 
At 1/18/2011 11:36 AM, Blogger pocketchef said...

lol I have never seen a weresim before. even though i was buying the ep for sims 2 unfortunatly i never played enough to see some of this stuff.

 
At 1/18/2011 1:42 PM, Blogger Kethwyn said...

The weresims are part of Pets, but they're a pain in the rump to get. You've got to have the Master of the Pack show up on your lot, then you have to befriend it (you have to almost max friendship with it) and then.... then you have to wait for it to bite you. It took a lot longer to happen in game than it does in the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home