June 07, 2007

Chapter 26: On the Home Front

On the Home Front




So while Salina has been bustling around trying to put a wedding together, what else has been going on in the Holldum household?






But before we check out what's going on there, let me add that I think I may have figured out a way to head off Orrin's cheese-induced pudge before it happens.






Seeing as how he acts like I'm sending him to face the executioner every time I point him towards the treadmill, I figured we'd try a piece of fitness equipment that he finds actually fun to use






The boy would hang out here all day, if I'd let him. Yeah, he builds body skills on it slower than he does on the treadmill, but with an active of 0 it takes him forever to gain body skill anyway.






The only downside... since he's already been picked up by aliens once, Orrin runs the risk of occasionally 'disappearing' mid-spin...

Maybe I should've warned him about that before he started playing in it... *evilsnicker*







Okay, now back to the Holldum Household.

For being such a Grumpy Gus, Treynor seems to be quite the social butterfly. He shows up everywhere when I'm playing around on other people's lots. (Captain Angelia is the other person who keeps popping up everywhere)

Here he over on the Subject lot, chatting up Yager Camden, Nervous Subject's step-son.







He may be a social butterfly, but he sure doesn't like it. He makes this face so much when talking to people, I'm about ready to start calling him Popeye.






Here Treynor meets up with Vayne Farwalker, the daughter of one my downtown families. I disrecall if she followed him home from school or if she was a walk-by. Vayne and her mother, Avarice, are named after a couple of my gaming characters.

(Avarice is the chaotic evil character I play in NWN1 and my rogue in DDO. Vayne started as my heroine in Morrowind, then as Avarice's daughter she became a roguish sort in both NWNs)







Treynor's distinct lack of any sort of nice point became immediately apparent when he proceeded to smack Vayne with the ball every time he threw it to her. I watched them the whole time they played catch and he never once threw it to her nicely. I can't remember Vayne's stats, but apparently she's too nice to reciprocate (I may have to fix that).






Careful there Treynor. Were we in a different game, her mother would have no qualms about ripping your lips off for beaning her daughter. For the Sims, however, I made Avarice a lot a little bit nicer.






Vayne apparently made an impression on the youngest Holldum, because no sooner had he stepped off the bus the next day than he spun up the want to be friends with her (along with a want to be friends with that dang Ottomas girl). So I had him ring her up and invite her over. They were instant friends after this.

I hope he stays this cute as he grows up.







So while these two try to avoid stabbing each other with sharp pointy objects, lets see what other little things have been going on.






Sven!!!

Sorry, MMO Allegiance/Guild reference




Kasson is still whining about being the political big wig of Strangetown.

"But Babe! The whirly-bird is loud! And the job is boring."

You weren't complaining about it being boring when you came home with that ยง50k bonus the other day. Now go call Salina's realtor or something.







Omaha has had this "make out with 5 Sims" want locked for a while, so as her aspiration started nosing downhill, I figured it might be a good time to work on it. Make Out #4 comes courtesy of Bernie Beaker... just don't tell his brother Thor. He might be a tad peeved at his brother for putting the moves on his girl.

Between the two of them, Thor is also the... ah... better looking of the two, so to speak.







When Bernie showed up earlier in the afternoon, he'd brought the Beaker family dog, Biscuit, with him. After playing with Felicia most of the afternoon, Omaha sent the two of them off to the doghouse for a little puppy-luvin'.






And a few nights later... what's this? Did someone stir fry Felicia up with some fresh veggies straight out of the garden? Nope, it's puppy time...






This little girl is named Cookie... I couldn't think of anything to go well with 'Felicia', and since her daddy's name is 'Biscuit'...

Like I needed another mouth in the Holldum house. It's pretty dang full as we speak.







But Felicia's lil Cookie has been pretty well received by everyone.






In fact, Salina seems more than a bit taken by her.






"Ain't she jes cute as the dickens?"






I think she's kind of fond of you as well Salina.






In fact, since the two of you seem so set on each other, I may not ship her off to the shelter but let you take her when you get married.

"Ya mean it? I kin keep her?"

As long as she moves out with you, sure thing.

I always pictured Salina as a 'big dog' kinda person and Cirrus as more the 'pocketbook pup' sort.







I'll be curious to see what sort of critter she grows up into. Her personality is the same as Felicia's (doofus, hyper, friendly, cowardly, pigpen) Colorwise, there isn't much difference between Biscuit and Felicia so I'm not expecting anything surprising there. But Biscuit is an exploding dog... er... Pomeranian so Cookie could be interesting looking when she grows up.






And now, back to Omaha and her "5 Make Outs" goal. She finally managed to break through the "girls are icky" attitude of Ripp Grunt's other main squeeze, Case Deerfield. Case's mom Carlotta is the town who... Romance Sim. She's hit on about everyone and anyone in Strangetown and I wasn't too surprised when Case turned out to be a romance sim too (he had a tendency to 'walk in' on his Mom during her affairs when he was younger)






Omaha! You did not just gossip to Case about your mother.

"I wuz jes askin him if he'd done heard how Mama wuz messin around with Mr. Gibson and Dad caught 'em."

Yep, Omaha gossiped to Case about her parents breaking up.







Both romance sims, and they have two bolts for each other too. They were doing this a lot.

I really lucked out with Case. I realized, after Omaha had invited him over, that I'd recently deleted the custom hair style I'd given him because I didn't like it (I think it was the same mesh as Yager's in the picture further up the page, but a custom streaked color) I hadn't dropped by their lot to give him a new style, and the hundred little gods only knew what hairstyle the game would give him as a replacement. I was pretty relieved when it turned out he'd gotten the Maxis mohawk. It even suits him better than the hairstyle he had been wearing. Doesn't go well with the beard, though, so that may have to go.







So, after a little flirting and all, they trotted inside where Omaha began to work on that want she had locked. It wasn't too long before she'd rolled up a new "make out with 10 sims" one.






Although I don't think they'd quite planned on this occurring.

Let's not mention this to Ripp. I'm not sure which of you he'd be more upset with.


"Ahhh..."







And what is the rest of the household up to while Omaha is checking Case for ticks and Treynor is resisting the urge to fling sharp pointy objects at his newest bestest buddy?

Just the usual dinner with the Holldums. I guess we interrupted Texas and Waylon again. The black haired gal next to Cleveland and Texas is Avarice, Vayne's mum.

Before we head out, lets go see if the aliens or parallel sim-mension kidnappers or the whatever have sent Orry back to us.







Well, it seems Orrin is still missing in action here. I'd expect him to be back sometime soon though.






In fact, there he is. I guess whomever or whatever plucked him out of thin air finally got tired of him. I'm surprised it actually took them this long to reach that point and send him back.






*wince* That's going to leave a mark in the morning.


"This is not funny woman! Are you aware of what just happened to me?"







Nope. Don't know who abducted you, where they took you, or what all they did to you. Not sure I really care."

"What!?! How can you say... *hurk* *urp*"

Yep. All that interests me at the moment is that that thing will work off any grilled cheese gut you may acquire without you whining about it the whole time. Oh, that and I'm interested in the Next Chapter, of course (it can't suck any worse than this one, right? *laugh*)...

Heh. Feel lucky. If you'd already graduated when that little 'pick up' happened, you'd be throwing up for the next trimester, not just the next few moments. *snicker*


"@#*&%"



Previous Chapter
Next Chapter





4 Comments:

At 6/10/2007 10:03 AM, Blogger EO said...

Ahhh! I almost forgot for a moment that Orrin was still in college. I thought you'd really "stuck it to him" this time..... And yes, the exo-saucer-sphere is a good idea for working off the gut. All the Llama Mama band members love theirs. Treynor is a cutie, even if he isn't very nice. Vayne is a very pretty little girl... do you think there will be a future for she and Treynor? I'm most interested to know what Cookie is going to look like. A very interesting combination. Pet genetics are borked - but nonetheless fascinating. Case certainly is an interesting fellow - I was wondering about the mohawk, but your anecdote about the mesh made it even funnier. It fits him in a 'Ripp me a new one" kind of way. LOL. And just so you know. I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying NOT to think about his shirt. *shudders*

 
At 7/04/2007 10:53 AM, Blogger MysticSpirit said...

Orrin is always complaining that he needs minions. Well, if they're all his spawn (a.k.a. alien pregnancies) he'll be set!! ;O))

And I think the mohawk/beard combo works. ;O))

Lots of interesting things going on in the household

And, of COURSE, Captain Angelia is gonna walk by. She's just as curious about people-watching as I am. Plus, she's living with some HUNKS!! ;O))

 
At 7/05/2007 1:35 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I hope Cookie isn't ugly.

I don't think this chapter sucked.

I'm looking forward to Orrin's future adventures in space!

 
At 7/13/2007 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I think I see alien babies in Orrin's future. That'll be good for him ::evil laugh:: I love how you described Treynor and Vayne's relationship to each other. It cracked me up. I too am curious to see what Cookie looks like and glad Salina gets to keep her puppy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home