July 15, 2007

Chapter 28d: Salina's Wedding, Act III

Act III: The Reception




With the vows said and with the... other events... of the last chapter now behind us, it's time for Salina's wedding to slide into full gear as the reception gets under way.






The first order of business was, of course, eating. It's one of the three key things people do at the reception, after all.

Salina caught a bit of cake with Texas and Waylon...






While the lobster off Bertha duBois' buffet was a big hit with the rest of the attendees... well, everyone except Orrin. I guess the shellfish just wasn't cheesy enough for him.






Waylon even made it all the way through dinner without getting up close and personal with the salad course (unlike at Cleveland's wedding)


"Hmm... this salad seems very familiar. This wedding seems very familiar. Have I been to a wedding before? Have I had salad at a wedding before? I cannot quite recall..."






Texas, just what are you doing to cause your son to give you such a look (and to cause the rather scary bartender to start laughing and become even more scary)?

"Why I ain't doin nuthin. A weddin, specially tha weddin of mah only girl chile, is a purty serious hoccasion. Ain't no time fer me ta be goofin off or makin a funny. Nope. I wouldn't be doin nuthin like that."






Uh huh. Sure you are Texas. *sigh* I've managed to avoid mentioning your more-than-occasional aromatic table manners so far... which in and of itself is a pretty impressive feat (the avoidance, not the manners). But when you did it at your daughter's wedding? Sorry, couldn't let that one slip by. *chuckle*

Yep folks, Texas is rather fond of this one and in a house full of serious neatniks, you can bet it sure doesn't go over well.






So lets move on the next thing everyone does at receptions... drinking. Yeah, they've been at this since the bartender showed up, but that stuff before the ceremony was just the warm up.






Now if everyone would just stop clustering around the bar and get out and mingle. Oy. I know that it's easier access to refills if you guys hang out there, but a modicum of discretion with the alcohol might be nice. You know what happens when y'all have had too much to drink.






That's right. People start getting flirty and all of a sudden little pink hearts start popping up everywhere.

(I've got to check Thor's stats again. He does that bragging "I'm the best" gesture to nearly everything Omaha says to him or asks him)







Of course, sometimes it is rather appropriate...






And quite reciprocated. SK and Kasson were doing this all night, as were Euphemia and Vasyl. I would just chalk it up to both of them being three bolt couples, except...






There were some other folks spouting little pink hearts too... rather inappropriate little pink hearts.

Really Cleveland, that's your brother's fiancée you're getting hot and bothered over... and he's standing right next to you to boot!


"You're assuming that my brother is paying enough attention to notice. You must admit he's had other things occupying his thoughts tonight."

True, but Veronica is standing right next to him.

"Ah... er... do you think she noticed?"






Oh don't even think about it Omaha. He's too old for you.

"But he's blond!"

And he's also married. Just reign those romance sim hormones in for a while... or go put the moves on your date.

"Oh Thorree...."






Had a little too much to drink there SK? We're not going to have to have Kasson carry you out of there, are we?

"Oh no, I'm fine. Really. I was just... *sigh*"

Eh?






Oh, you were just watching Texas and Waylon? Yeah, you and Kasson get the same look on your faces when... hey, you're not going to turn into one of those engaged sims who wanders around all day thinking of weddings and engagement rings and stuff like that, are you?


"What? Oh... no. I'm a knowledge sim. You know we don't do that sort of thing."

Hmm... watching Texas and Waylon there does give me an idea to help get folks away from the bar though.






"Would you like to dance Mrs. White?"

"Why I'd be right honored ta dance wit ya, Mr. White."


And dancing, key item number three that folks love to do at weddings. I figured that once the bride and groom began their traditional first dance, everyone else would soon join in.






Of course, Texas and Waylon had started in before them.


"Dear, did you ever think the day would come when our darling little daughter would be walking down the aisle? It seems like just yesterday she was playing with Mr. Bunny Head."

"I know. An our other son has done finally gitted his head on straight an' poppered the question. We may git more granchillin yet."

"Heh. Give them a little time to enjoy the honeymoon, mon petit chou."







It didn't take long for Phemey and Vasyl to get into the swing of things.

"Is anyone taking pictures Vas? Careful how you spin me. I want to make sure they only get my good side."

"Pheems sweetie, you're beautiful from all sides."






Omaha even managed to drag Thor out on the dance floor.

"Thorree, ya seem a lil... intense there. Yer supposed ta relax when ya dance."

"Careful. You'll make me lose count. one... two... three... one... two... three..."

I tried waiting to see if he'd change his expression... no dice... that look is even scarier when you face him head on. Poor Omaha.






These two have been on and off the dance floor all night.

"Clevey-luv, how bout we head over to my place for a little night cap when the reception's over with?"

"It might be quite late before we get over there. What if the sun comes up while I'm at your townhouse?"

"Oh, I'm sure I can think of something to keep you occupied during the day."






And SK and Kasson...

Er...

SK that's... ah... not Kasson...

Orrin, that's your brother's fiancée you're slow dancing with...

And apparently neither of you are listening to me. Where is Kasson, anyway?







"'Cuse me Babe, do ya mind?"

Kasson, your half brother is dancing with your fiancée. Slow dancing.

"I like need some privacy here Babe. I really gotta go."

But what about SK? And Orrin?

"Babe!"

*sigh*






Well, just behave yourself Orrin. And watch those hands.


"Have I ever told you about the beauty that is grilled cheese?"

"Cheesy goodness? Oh please, enlighten me."

*facepalm*






As for the rest of the attendees? They were working hard to try to recruit another member.


"And that, Brittany, is why being a creature of the night is truly the finest lifestyle.

"Hmmm... I'll have to think about it Countess. The only problem I see are my day classes. Let me check to see if my major offers night courses and I might take you up on that offer."

Brittany got vamped like 3 times during the wedding. I swore that if she got bit once more, she was staying vamperized.






You know what those doo-dads mean. Another Holldum Roof Raiser. Time for everybody to slowly amble out of the party barn while the bride and groom make a mad dash for the limo.






SK, I'd move if I were you. If Salina doesn't run you down on the way to the limo, Cirrus will.

Er, what's with the freaked out, nervous look?






Gah, SK I thought you told me you weren't the sort of sim to wander around thinking about engagement rings and stuff.


::wow... he like, actually asked me...::

Hmmm, should I tell her that Texas is going to be all over Kasson now, asking when their wedding is?

Nah.






Psssst... Salina... Veil... Train... Door...


"Oh! Heh. Thank ya fer warnin me about that there."






"And now my love, the adventure really begins."

"Adventure?"

"Yes, the honeymoon."

"Cirrus!"


Previous Chapter

Next Chapter - After the Honeymoon

Orrin's Interlude





4 Comments:

At 7/16/2007 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So poor Waylon really is clueless isn't he? Poor guy. The reception was lovely. So much love in the air. ::sighs:: Next up is SK and Kasson. I can't wait to see how you do THAT wedding ;o)

 
At 7/18/2007 8:17 AM, Blogger EO said...

Awwww, what a sweet wedding. Although Kasson really shouldn't have left his fiance unattended like that... she could find her self at the wrong end of a mozzarella stick... Texas and Waylon are sweet. Veronica looks hawt, and poor Brittany getting vamped all those times? LOL. I hope Salina and Cirrus live happily Holldum after, or something like that. And I can't even imagine what sort of wedding SK and Kasson will have... Please don't say they're going to let Orrin cater.... I just wonder why SK left looking confused. Behold. The power of cheese.

 
At 7/18/2007 10:24 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm very happy to see that there was very little drama at Salina's wedding and reception. She really deserved to have a nice wedding.

Yikes, Thor's look when he was dancing with Omaha was truly creepy.

Um . . . SK and Orrin were getting pretty cozy there. I hope they were behaving themselves.

 
At 8/07/2007 7:35 AM, Blogger MysticSpirit said...

Awww! What a lovely reception. Sk and Kasson were so incredibly adorable. But I think it'd probably be better if they eloped. She's not having second thoughts, is she? :O)) I'm glad that there was no drama! HA! I don't know if my heart could've taken any more slap-fests. I've never had a roof raiser ... but then again, I don't have many parties. :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home