January 24, 2006

Chapter 6a: Dorm Life

Freshman orientation is over and it's time for Cleveland and Kasson to knuckle down with their textbooks. Let's take a look and see how college life is treating them... clicking on the pics should pop larger versions.



When we last left our intrepid adventurers... er... sorry, wrong genre. When we last left our intrepid Holldums, Cleveland had just discovered that even at college he could not escape his family.

Let's take a closer look at the boys, now that they've grown up.







Our heir, Cleveland. Dorky, kinda gangly looking... lotta Waylon in the boy (it's the nose). I think he'll look a little less awkward once he's got some decent clothes on (red is just not his color)

Oh, and a nice backside shot of Kasson there







Kasson seems to have aged into Young Adulthood a lot more tastily... er gracefully than his brother, despite also having inherited Waylon's nose. Like his brother, he too is in desperate need of new clothes. For Stinky Pete's sake Kasson, a stained wife beater? What happened to the fashion sense you and Cleveland displayed as kids?

"I was, like, hopin' to meet some cute chicks at the mall, ya know Babe? An' maybe check out the latest models at 'Bubbleblowers 'n Stuff'."

Fine then. Off to the mall with the both of you. But no bubbleblowers! Shoo!







Well, that's a lot better. I'm not sure if I handle both of them wearing stripes (especially Cleveland... hello, someone looks like a knowledge sim waiting to happen) but it's far better than what they arrived in.

Life in the dorms is boring, so lets sit back and enjoy the boys' highlights. Please make certain your seatbelt is fastened snugly and keep your hands inside the blog at all times.







Cleveland spun up the want for a telescope (or maybe to stargaze… I disrecall) Anyhoo, no sooner had I dropped the telescope down than Kasson had his eye glued to it.

"Yo Babe! Didja know we can see that creepy Vidcund guy all the way over here at Tech. He'll like never know who's watchin' him now."

If you seriously believe that Kasson, you've got another thing coming.







"Whoa! That is like soooo wrong! Didjoo see what he's doing?"

You know Kasson, your mom makes that same face when she peeps on Vidcund too.

"But Babe! You gotta see this!"

No, the only thing I'm planning on seeing is a beat-down real soon here. Count with me folks. It should start in... 3... 2...







...1

See Kasson. Never underestimate the mysterious power that is Vidcund.


"Ack! Babe! Like, help me here!"

No. Some days I enjoy watching the neighborhood crank shove people around. If I were living in a sim neighborhood, I'd probably be the crank too. In fact, I've been temped to drop a self-sim in all new neighborhoods I create, just so I can be the crank (since it seems like in my game the computer always chooses the playable sim with the oldest creation date in the neighborhood to be the crank)

Okay... nothing more to see... move along







In spring, the young family sim's thoughts turn to marriage... any way he can get it. Sorry Cleveland, but I will not allow the matchmaker to bring you any women. I don’t think I've had a successful blind date from her yet.

"But..."

Trust me, I'm saving you heartache and embarrassment.

*sigh*

Oh stop the sighing. I've got a hot redhead waiting for you back home.







Yeesh, Kasson too? Has spring semester gotten everyone's hormones in an uproar? Good thing Euphemia is getting ready to join Euclid at college. Get inside boys and do your homework.

"But Babe! She says she can get me in this excellent club where the bubbleblowers have the most awesome suds!"

No buts. No suds. Homework, ya little addict.







Despite being a family sim, Cleveland has spun up a lot of knowledge sim type wants (people have commented that they've seen their sims spin up aspiration inappropriate wants a lot since Nightlife) Nothing makes him happier than slaving away over a term paper. I just hope that when it comes time to reroll his aspiration that he doesn’t end up with family again (or something worse, like romance or pleasure)






Kasson, however, is not a fan of the homework. We can see what's obviously on his mind. That's okay Kasson, you're a Poli Sci major and a Pop sim just like your mom. You'll find that college is mostly one big party.

"But Babe! All this thinkin' hurts."

Suck it up and do your homework. It's ungodly easy for you guys to get a 4.0 in college. I wish it had been that easy when I was at university.

"And did ya have to walk to lecture uphill both ways, in the snow, Babe?"

Ha ha. Funny. Actually, yes I did. Iowa State girl here. Keep it up and I'll download an engineering major hack and see how you like 6 semesters of calculus. Theoretical polynomial calculus with imaginary numbers.

"Ewwwwwww... Okay, I'm doing my homework"

Heh... Moving right along...







Vanity, thy name is still Kasson. In truth, I am beginning to really hate the "primp" action from Nightlife. The least little bit of drop in hygiene and they're futzing in the mirror.

If you're stinky Kasson, go take a shower. If not, quit fussing with your hair and go get dressed. Your woman is coming over.







Finally he got around to getting dressed, just in time to meet Euphemia. She at least got some decent default clothes when she wandered off to college.

Meanwhile Cleveland, being the neat-OCD sim that he is, went out to get the bills from the mailbox immediately upon waking up just now. Other sims use the bathroom, take a shower, grab some breakfast. Not our Cleveland. *roll eyes*

Oh hey, the taxi's here for Kasson and Phemey's date! Quick, let's jump in the hatch and tag along to see what happens.







Red's Diner. Not a bad place to go for a date, if you can keep 'em off the pool table. This doesn't seem to be an issue for these two, however... they've only got eyes for each other. Which was promptly followed by 'hands all over each other' once the got up from the table. Luckily Crumplebottom seems to be elsewhere today.






"Kasson is just like the most awesome kisser, Old Mr Pervy Dude. Let me tell you all about our make out session in the photo booth."

Discretion Phemey... you really need to learn to watch you say and whom you say it to.

"And then he does this this thing..."

Kasson, do you have anything to say about this?

"Whoa Babe, I've got like all these spots in front of my eyes from like the flash in the booth. Cool. If I close my eyes and rub 'em the spots change color. It's like almost as awesome as the bubbleblower."







"So... um.. Phemey hon, is there anything ya want to do before we head back to campus?"

"Kasson, I thought you'd never ask. I really want to..."

Euphemia Elena Retrorocket, what did I say about discretion? That's your stepmother Genesis right there behind you. Is that the sort of thing you want to be blurting out in front of your parents?

Apparently it is. You know, comments like that are the sort that come back to haunt you at family gatherings later in life.

Lets go back and see what Cleveland is up to...







Poor loveless Cleveland spends his evenings in his pajamas, rocking out in the empty cafeteria. He does a lot of stuff in his pajamas I've noticed. If I didn't think they were adorably cute, I'd make him change into normal clothes. The critters on the pants look a lot like little sheep :)

Oh, and the rockin' gestures? They'd be much more appropriate if he were listening to something other than classical music.







Ah, that's better. That's the sort of face I'd expect for classical music. It's just as well that Cleveland is getting into a serious mood since a critical moment is swiftly coming down the turnpike towards him. 2nd semester sophomore finals are approaching, and after that a chance to change his aspiration. With luck we'll score something more appropriate for the boy.

And with that I think we'll wrap this chapter up. Stay tuned for the next chapter, which will throw Salina into the mix and wrap up university for these two.




Onward to Chapter 6b: More College

Back to Chapter 5: Tail End Teen-hood







5 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 3:47 PM, Blogger Just Moi said...

Boy Have I missed your writing style... always so funny

 
At 1/24/2006 9:04 PM, Blogger MysticSpirit said...

Oh god, oh god, oh god! *holds aching sides* I have MISSED the Holldums. I know how to hold 'em. *HOLDS* This was a great episode, Totally loved the end with Cleveland rockin' the the classics. ;O) *ROTFL*

 
At 1/25/2006 2:14 PM, Blogger AeronwyDiobhell said...

Yay! I'm so glad the Holldums are back! *dances for joy* The boys both grew up into hotties!

"Euphemia Elena Retrorocket, what did I say about discretion?" *snickers loudly* I love this. I could absolutely see someone trying to do this to her there. *cackles*

 
At 1/27/2007 5:41 PM, Blogger suzie sim said...

I don't know - I think intrepid adventurers is an apt description for these two! :D:D Definitely - a change of clothes is in order!
Wow - Vicund moves quickly for an aging astronomer! And yay - Euphemia's come to uni too! :) And our Cleveland doesn't get any dates in school? hmmm, probably the pj's! :D

 
At 2/20/2007 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny! You are right about Cleveland, he is cute though in a gangly sort of way. But Kasson, wowza! I love how he calls you "babe."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home